Anne Troy

Default Disappearing Header/Footer in Page layout

Jo: It's not a document setting, it's a user setting. As long as it's you
logged into your PC, you'll see what that setting says to see. It's not
stored with a document.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"JoAnn" wrote in message
Thanks Anne. I already did that in my original template. I assumed that
the
setting would also apply to any new document created from the template
(using
File New) because the template was already set that way.

But the setting doesn't seem to transfer to new documents created from my
template. I have to check that box in every new doc I create off of the
template. I'm wondering if it should behave that way or not.

--
JoAnn

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Tools--Options, View. CHECK "white space between pages".
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"JoAnn" wrote in message
I created a template that is set to show the white space so I can see
the
header/footer when it's opened.

I assumed that this setting would automatically be in effect on any new
document created off the template but that isn't happening. I find
that I
must set the whitspace to display on the new document manually.

Is there a problem with my template (i.e. corruption) or is that by
design?
If by design, is there any way I can get all new documents created off
the
template to automatically set to show whitespace? Would I need to
create
an
AutoNew or AutoOpen macro -- if so, what is the item I need to set?

Better yet, is there a way to change the WORD 2003 default so
whitespace
is
displayed on all documents by default?

My templates are used by other people on other machines so setting it
within
the template would be better.

Thanks!
JoAnn