Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tony Jollans

Default Headers and Footers in Main Body with Table Breaks

At a simple level, it can't be done, although a contrived solution could
probably be found. What is the purpose of this?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"NewUser_Sanket" wrote in message
Hi Again,

I forgot to mention that I tried to post the same question to the Tables

and
NewUser groups - but luckily have not been successful. I was reading the
posting ethics and tips and found I should nto be positng to other groups.

Thanks in advance.

"NewUser_Sanket" wrote:

Hello All,

I am a new to VBA or programming, but felt this was the right group to

post
my question on. I want to do this one task in MS Word and felt that VBA

would
the best to go along with it. Correct me if I am wrong in any of the

above
statements. I am using Word 2003.

Task: I have a multipage document in .rtf format. This document has

table
in it which occupies more than a page. All pages will have header and

footer.
I want to remove this header and footer and put the text in them in the

main
document one every page- at the top of each page for the header and

bottom of
each page for footer. If there is a table spanning more than a page,

then I
need to break the table at the appropriate point (which should depend

upon
the size of the header and the footer) and continue the table on the

next
page after the header on page -2.

Trying to put things in a simpler way: Lets say I have a document with 3
pages. The document has header and footer on every page. The content of

the
document is a long table spanning all 3 pages.
Eg: Header(page1) Page1 Table Footer
Header(page2) Page2 Table Footer
Header(page3) Page3 Table Footer.

I want to convert this to :
No Header Text(from header) - Table - Text(from footer) No Footer

in
Page1
No Header Text(from header) - Table - Text(from footer) No Footer

in
Page2
No Header Text(from header) - Table - Text(from footer) No Footer

in
Page3
and the same in page 4 if the table happens to go to it.

I recorded some related macros and looked at the VB code generated, but

it
was way outside my box to understand what was going on.
Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Sanket