Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Does anyone know how to blur a font to make it barely legible?

If you aren't using a font that looks blurred, then the procedure is
to remove the text from the document and replace it with a blurred
picture of the text. That is, you can't just select some text in Word
and somehow blur it.

For that, JoAnn is correct -- use a graphics editor. You might be able
to use something as simple as Microsoft Paint -- take a screen shot of
the text, paste multiple copies into Paint and slightly offset each
one, and save the result as a .jpg or .gif file that you can import
into Word.

For better tools, but still free for download, you can try these:

IrfanView (www.irfanview.com)
Paint.Net (http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net)
the Drawing program in OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org)

Among commercial programs, you could look for CorelDraw, Paint Shop
Pro, or Adobe PhotoShop Elements. These are all available for sale in
stores and online.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 06:16:04 -0800, "bethgman"
wrote:

I found the blur font on Google but they are still too legible. I want it to
be really hard for someone to read. So, if I have to create it myself, what
program would be capable of blurring selected text but not everything?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Or visit any of the hundreds of "free fonts" websites you can find
through Google, and pick a font that's already barely legible -- there
are tons of them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 20:08:17 -0500, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
wrote:

By taking off my glasses?

Seriously - use a graphics program.

--