Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Copy/Paste default formatting

Tools, Options, Edit tab.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Jeff" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very often it
is pasted with the original doc font and formatting rather than adopting
that of the recipient document. There appears an option button that allows
me to then select that the formatting be changed to that of the receiving
doc, but it is not the default, thereby forcing me to constantly have to
change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts the
formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff