Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Copy/Paste default formatting

I found that tab screen, but do not see where I can tell Word to default the
paste to what is on the recieving document.

Jeff

Terry Farrell wrote:
Tools, Options, Edit tab.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very
often it is pasted with the original doc font and formatting rather
than adopting that of the recipient document. There appears an
option button that allows me to then select that the formatting be
changed to that of the receiving doc, but it is not the default,
thereby forcing me to constantly have to change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts the
formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff