Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Copy/Paste default formatting

I think you're thinking of the setting that allows you to control the
wrapping of pasted/inserted pictures. The only thing relevant to text is
whether or not the Paste Options button is shown. There are some Smart Cut
and Paste settings (the Settings... button opens the Settings dialog), but
the ones that deal with formatting have to do with material pasted from
Excel or PowerPoint.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
I haven't got 2002 about to confirm the option, but in 2003 it was a

button
at the bottom of the Edit Tab labeled Paste Options or something like

that.

Terry

"Jeff" wrote in message
I found that tab screen, but do not see where I can tell Word to default
the paste to what is on the recieving document.

Jeff

Terry Farrell wrote:
Tools, Options, Edit tab.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very
often it is pasted with the original doc font and formatting rather
than adopting that of the recipient document. There appears an
option button that allows me to then select that the formatting be
changed to that of the receiving doc, but it is not the default,
thereby forcing me to constantly have to change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts the
formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff