Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cayce cayce is offline

Default intermittent€”delete/backspace key not working

My coworkers and I have recently been encountering problems with some W97
files where the delete key doesnt work. Sometimes, the backspace won't get
rid of what you are trying to remove either. This morning, I was trying to
delete an extra space between 2 words. Delete wouldn't work, but backspace
did.

I will now pay more close attention to exactly when this is encountered. As
I try to recall other instances have been trying to delete words or
characters within tables. My coworker had this occur and had to use Ctrl X to
remove a single letter in a table.

Since this is a new and growing phenomenon, I need help knowing where to
look. I'd appreciate any ideas.

thanks