Peter Jamieson

You must know how many different letters there are, so the easiest way is to
construct the letters, set up your Excel sheet as the data source in each
letter, but use the filtering options (and sort options, if necessary) to
choose the records with the matching letter type in Excel. Then merge each
letter in turn. Or write a simple macro to open each mailmerge letter in
turn and merge it.

Peter Jamieson

"anton" wrote in message
l...
I have a question, (Sorry for my english)

I make a lot off mailmerge in Excel and Word together ,with one letter
hundreds at de same time ,but I want to make a mailmerge with more than
one letter , example

Policynumber 1 , letter 1
policynumber 2 , letter 2
policynumber 3 , letter 1
policynumber 4 , letter 4

up to 6 or 8 letters and 600 policynumbers sometimes 100 for letter 1
sometimes 10 letter 2

of corse I can use Sort on de different letters , and then vlookup but dat
is a lot of work , for say 10 letters of letter 4

I was thinking to use somekind off code that trikkert the letter , maybe
macro to start

we don't have MS Acces at our systems