SteveK

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It's one of those issues that seem almost certainly printer

driver-related,
yet the printer manufacturers will not accept responsibility (and of

course
nor will MS). It seems to affect only certain JPGs, in my case those from

my
digital camera or scanner.

My JPGs in this situation are from CorelDraw. In fact they are vector line
art - which is a pretty inefficient use of a JPG, I know. I switched over
to WMF files to solve this problem since posting. But I have seen this
problem with JPGs from cameras going into Word -- after they were cropped in
Corel Photopaint. --- Also there was some reason why I was using JPG when
I could have used WMF in the first place but I can't remember it right now.

Steve