Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Slow Learner

Default corrupt word table? or operator error?

I have a 66 page document that contains a 3 column table of data that has
been scanned into Word2002.
I formatted the tables after scanning (each page scanned created a table) to
fit on the page (row height, width etc.) so that each table is the same. I
also removed all paragraph markers within the cells of the tables and between
the tables.
I saved then printed, proofed and saved the document.
I opened the supposed 66 page document and found that the formatting was all
gone within the tables and the document was now 50 some pages! in length.
I began going through the document and reformatting using the print version
as a guide (no longer have the figures for making the rows-columns line up)
and looked at the directory where I was saving it to only to see that there
are ~*.tmp files being created (I noticed these there when I looked after
opening a 55 page document but deleted them) Now they are coming back a new
one each change I make to this document.
Why would this happen in the first place? Is the document toast and should
I simply start again?