Unless the page already contains an element that is automatically bookmarked
(heading, numbered item), insert a bookmark at the point you want to
reference. Then Insert | Cross-reference to Bookmark: Page number.
Cross-references don't update automatically, but they will update when you
update fields (including when you print, provided you have "Update fields"
checked on the Print tab of Tools | Options).

"Daran" wrote in message
I am producing a technical manual that has many page
references throughout the text. Does anyone know of a way
that I can have these automatically update if I happen to
change the whereabouts of the text that is referenced.