Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How can I repeat column widths from one table to another?

You can use the Cell Height and Width dialog box in conjunction with F4 to
"record" and reuse the settings of a particular column:

1. Select a column whose settings you want to duplicate.

2. Display the Cell Height and Width dialog box (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...ePropPrbs.htm). Press OK to
confirm the settings.

3. Select a column that should have the same settings, and press F4.

4. Repeat step 3 as many times as desired.

Alternatively, you will have to use a macro. Ask in a programming newsgroup
such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general for further assistance.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bcm" wrote in message
I have two (or more) tables with varying column widths. I want to be able
select the first table and do a 'paint format' sort of procedure so that I
can click in the second table and have it automatically adjust the column
widths so that the tables are the same. How can that be done?