Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How to Make Styles Appear in the Gallery

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 11:28:02 -0400, "Daddy" wrote:

I use Word 2002 at work and Word 2007 at home. Word 2007 runs in Compatibility Mode.

In Word 2002 I have a customized set of styles that I use most of the time. To transfer these to Word 2007, I created a sample document in Word 2002 that included all my styles and then opened this document in Word 2007. I selected Change Styles Style Set Save as Quick Style Set and gave my Style Set a name. Now my style set appears in the listing of style sets. So far, so good.

The problem is: When I select my style from the Style Set list, I can't get the styles to appear in the Style Gallery on the ribbon. How do I do that?

Daddy

Display the Styles pane (press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S, or click the tiny button in the
title bar of the Styles group on the ribbon). Right-click each of your styles in
the list and choose "Add to Quick Style Gallery".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman