Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default How to Make Styles Appear in the Gallery

A style set is what shows up in the quick style gallery, and you must add
styles to the gallery one style at a time. If you are trying to provide
users with a view of the only styles you want them to use, you must first
empty the current gallery then add the ones your users will need --in some
convenient order-- then save the result as a new style set.

This is somewhat like creating a styles toolbar in previous versions of Word,
except that the toolbar is probably empty before you add the styles to it.

Pam

Daddy wrote:
Alright then. Looks like I still have much to learn about styles, style sets and style galleries. Don't even ask me about Themes... ;-)

Daddy

Note that many styles won't display until they have been used in the
document (see the status at the Recommend tab of the Manage Styles dialog

[quoted text clipped - 35 lines]

Daddy