TF

If you are using Word XP or 2003, just double-click the first graphic in the
document which should open the Format Picture Dialog. Select the Picture tab
and then click on the Compress button: a dialog should pop up and ask you
several very pertinent questions including if you want to compress all
pictures in the document, the document compression and if you want to remove
cropped areas (Word only hides cropped areas by default).

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Michael B." wrote in message
: Is there a tool to bulk-convert graphics that are inside a
: Word doc?
:
: Our org has a number of 2+ Mb Word files that could be
: shrunk considerably if the screenshot that were just
: pasted into them could be compressed to 72 dpi .jpg images.
:
: I've found a tool that can do that en mass, but only if
: the graphics are first on the hard drive. To save me the
: work of manually extracting the graphics individually to
: the hard drive, running the converter, and then manually
: inserting them back into the Word doc, I'm hoping to find
: a utility that will do that while the graphics are still
: within the Word file.
:
: Does anyone know of anything that will do this?
:
: Thanks,
:
: Michael