Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
km km is offline

Default Panning Hand

The panning hand is visible in my office 2007 program on my Vista Desktop
computer. Where I am missing the panning hand is on my XP laptop - so maybe
I have to have Vista. But there is a panning hand on my vista desktop
computer.

Thanks

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

The panning hand is a result of having a Tablet PC -- see
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...l-part-ii.aspx.
It isn't available on a desktop.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 18:22:02 -0700, KM wrote:

The panning hand appears in 2007 along with the split window, and view ruler
icons on top of the vertical scroll bar. It was there and it is still on my
other computer - there must be a preference somewhere that I changed.

Thanks anyway

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't recall ever seeing a panning hand on a scroll bar in Word (any
version). The pointer will drag the "elevator." But perhaps the panning hand
is a result of using the scroll wheel on your mouse?

"KM" wrote in message
When I first started using Word 2007, the panning hand was on the top of
the
scroll bar. Now for some reason it is not there. How can I get the
panning
hand back on top of the side scroll bar?

Thanks