Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracy Tracy is offline

Default Citation & Bibliography tab greyed out

I used this option not 2 months ago...why is it now it is not working???
I hope someone gets an answer to this...could it have been an update that
made something go wrong???
Tracy

"Ben" wrote:

Unfortunately your explanationis false. This is a problem being reported all
over the internet for what might be limited to Vista x64. I hope someone
posts a solution eventually.
Thanks,

Ben

"Daniel Pegues" wrote:

The reason the options are grayed out is because you are trying to use an
Office Word 2007 feature on a .doc file. .doc is an old Office Word format,
specifically 2003 and later. First save your document to the new Office Word
2007 format, .docx , then close Office Word 2007, reopen your document, and
then you will see the options are available.

This is the same case for most if not all new features in all parts of
Office 2007, not just Word 2007.

Hope this helps.