Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Default Citation & Bibliography tab greyed out

Word 2007. (I know not really a helpfull answer)

As far as I can tell (I never had the problem myself so I only have
second-hand info), the problem is caused by an installation error. Hence, it
probably has nothing to do with what features you select or not select for
your custom install. If you can find an install log
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...cc511506.aspx), you might want
to check it out for any silent errors you got.

Whatever the issue exactly is, copying the files from the installation disc
to the correct directory will most likely not solve it.

Yves
--
http://bibliography.codeplex.com

"ktegels_devevlopmentor" m
wrote in message ...
This is caused by an installation error. Try uninstalling and
reinstalling Office 2007.

I hate to be so blunt about it, but that's a horrible answer. Yes, I know
it
works. However, I just did a fresh custom install and I don't have a bib
directory.

What I really need to know is what *precisely* must be installed to get
this
feature working.

Does anybody know? Or this one of the "oh, we just baked it into the
installer and you can't really do anything else" things?

Grrr.
Kent