Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default MS Word 2007 Print As Booklet?

The "Book fold" setting is listed under "Multiple pages" on the Margins tab
of the Page Setup dialog. It uses Word's built-in "2 pages per sheet"
facility to create two logical pages on a single sheet of paper (any size),
which are displayed in page number order. When you print, however, the pages
are paired so that the output can be folded into a stapled booklet.

I assume you meant 11x17 paper, and this will certainly work provided you
have a printer that can handle that paper size; just select that paper size
on the Paper tab of Page Setup, then choose "Book fold," which will
automatically change the paper orientation to Landscape; the preview will
show you the two portrait pages side by side (you'll see only one page at a
time in Word unless you choose to display Two Pages).

http://word.mvps.org

"Fred Holmes" wrote in message
Does Microsoft Word 2007 have a "print as booklet" feature? (Word 2000
does not, and I haven't used any intermediate versions.) If it
doesn't, what's the best option? Microsoft Publisher?

Yes, there was a third party utility for MS Word 2000 to print as
booklet, but I'm not sure I want to try to find it.

Print as booklet would be on 11" x 13" paper with 8-1/2" x 11" pages.
No reformatting of the pages produced by the Word document is
necessary. The document is not a "real" newsletter. I just want to
have a saddle-stitched booklet rather than a stack of double-sided MS
Word print that has been stapled down one edge.

Thanks,

Fred Holmes