Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default VBA table sort by date fails intermittently

Cindy,
Thanks for your interest. Taking your questions in order:
1. On my Word 2003 testbed, with the ofending file open,
Tools/Language/Set Language shows English(UK) highlighted and 'Detect
Language Automatically' is checked
2. Control Panel / Regional Options is set to English (United Kingdom)
on my testbed. I do not know what the demo machine settings were and am
unlikely to be able to find out. But if I stumble over the problem
again, I will be sure to check this.
3. Again, I don't know what Windows was running at the demo. My testbed
is XP SP2 with all the latest Office Update maintenance.
4. The sort is done in VBA.
Because of my lack of knowledge about the demo machine (I could hardly
ask the assembled throng to watch me diagnose an obscure problem in the
product I was selling!) I realise I am unlikely to get to the bottom of
this right away: but your pointers are useful. Thanks! Any other ideas
you or others might have will be gratefully received.