Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default link information between tables

Hi ?B?RA==?=,

I have a long document with a master table near the beginning. There are
more table later on in the document, and I would like them to pick up
information that is entered in the first table. (like linking cells in
Excel). I also need these cells to automatically update when the master
table information is amended.

Is this possible?

Yes, but it's not foolproof.

You can select the *text content* of each cell (but not the entire cell!),
then Insert/bookmark and give it a bookmark name.

The information can then be displayed elsewhere using a REF field
(Insert/Cross reference works, too).

It won't update automatically; you'd need something like Ctrl+A, F9 to force
the REF fields to update. And the bookmarks are all too easily deleted when
editing...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org