Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default "Ctrl+Page Dn" won't work-brings up Spellchk vs. paging down f

Wendy's reference to Spell Check is a mistake. That message pops up
when the Browse Object is set to a Find and there are no more
occurrences to find. It has nothing to do with spell checking.

The solution is to click the small circle at the bottom of the
vertical scroll bar and select to browse by page. That will return the
function of the Ctrl+Up/Down shortcuts to previous and next page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:24:53 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

I don't see any indication that the Browse Object can be set to "Spelling
error," so that wouldn't be the explanation. The built-in shortcut for Next
Misspelling is Alt+F7, so that wouldn't be the explanation, either. You
might, however, check in Tools | Customize: Keyboard and make sure that the
correct shortcut is assigned to Next Misspelling.

"Wendy" wrote in message
Suzanne,

Thanks for responding. I've reviewed every tab under Tools | Options and
none of the WordPerfect options are selected. I've also confirmed all
defaults are set for MS Word 2002-2003.

Interestingly enough, when I click Ctrl+Home or End, it does take me to

the
very first or last page of the document.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy