hstijnen

Hello, CyberTaz,
Indeed I want to create a separate .xls file. The case is that I want to do
some complicated calculations in xls and copy only the result to my Word doc.
I end up with two related documents.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Hello-

If I understand correctly, in this case you _do not_ want to create a link.
You are looking for a new file to be created based on the template. (I am
assuming you only want the new workbook stored as an object in the doc and
not as a separate .xls file.)

When you InsertObjectCreate From File choose your Excel Template as
before, but don't put a check in the Link to File box.

HTH |:)

"hstijnen" wrote:

Hi,
I'm able to create a link in a document to open another document, a html doc
etc. In this way I can create a link to open an Excel spreadsheet.
Now my question is: is it possible to create a link to an Excel template, in
order to open/create a spreadsheet based on that template? (when I do insert
a link straight on to a xl template, Word opens the template itself)

Thanks for your suggestions

Henk