Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default all of a sudden, header takes up half of each page

Hi Adam

adam j wrote:
I'm using Word 2003. This is the second time that I have been typing on a
report, and without warning the headers suddenly take up almost half of each
page, although they have no content. I have already learned from reading
these threads that headers can't be deleted. I'm really hoping to make
things normal again, and also learn what I (accidentally) did to make this
happen.

Could be something along these lines:

Formatting applied to one paragraph affects the entire document (by
Suzanne Barnhill)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

Word is always making changes I don't expect. How can I get more control
over my formatting? (by Suzanne S. Barnhill and Dave Rado)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

Also a possibility: Something in the headers references something else
in the body of the document (say, a bookmark, whose content has grown).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS