EJH

I was using the FORMS toolbar but have not included the CONTROL TOOLBOX
toobar, clicked on the DESIGN MODE button and the padlock is now active.
Thank you.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?RUpI?=,

I'm in the same boat - although it is only the padlock that is greyed out.
It had been available to me but now is not. I am working with MS Office Word
2003 SP1.

You haven't said which TOOLBAR you used to insert the form fields? Did you use
the Control Toolbox at all in this document (even if you later deleted the
fields)? What's your macro security setting (Tools/Macro/Security)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)