Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JDolman

Default INCLUDETEXT, numbered paragraphs, extra line

I am using an IF statement to have my mail merge document decide which of two
INCLUDETEXT statements will be used. One INCLUDETEXTstatement pulls three
numbered (outline) paragraphs from from a different document and inserts them
into my mailmerge document. Unfortunately, it also adds an extra line after
the insertion, which must be manually deleted after the merge is complete.
Any ideas?

The IF statement looks like this:
{ IF { MERGEFIELD Deposit } $0.00 "{INCLUDETEXT
"C:\\pathname\\document.doc"}" "{INCLUDETEXT
"C:\\pathname\\otherdocument.doc"}"}