Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Default Word 2007 default editor for .doc files

You have to run MS Office Diagnostics: Start, All Programs, Microsoft
Office, Microsoft Office Tools. That should ensure that 2007 is the
default one. However, be warned that if you do this and open Word 2003,
you are very likely to see the Windows Installer trying to install
something and then failing with an error message.
It's beta software and it seems MS hasn't fixed this bug yet.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Hrvoje" wrote in message
:

Is it possible to make Word 2007 default editor for .doc files if Word 2003
co-exists on the same PC?

Now, when I open a .doc, it still opens in 2003. Unless I already have Word
2007 open. If I have it running, then I open a .doc, it will open in 2007.
But if I just click on a .doc to open it, it still opens in 2003.

How do I get Word documents to open by default in 2007?

By the way, this does NOT happen with Excel files.