Greg Maxey

I second the suggestion you made in related post to look for another
program. All the tools you need to number a document are available in Word.
However you are always free to build the better mousetrap or in your words
to "Just create a program that lets you click on the page number and delete
it."

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

James Inman wrote:
This whole page numbering and section break thing is retarded. It's
not user friendly at all. I JUST WANT TO DELETE A FEW PAGE NUMBERS AT
THE FRONT OF MY BOOK! Just create a program that lets you click on
the page number and delete it. AND LET THE PAGE NUMBERS START ON THE
PAGE THAT I WANT WITHOUT ALL THIS SECTION BREAK CRAP! Also the page
number format box NEEDS MORE OPTIONS! Here's an idea... "Start page
numbering from here down" AND DON'T MAKE IT PUT PAGE NUMBERS ON THE
WHOLE DOCUMENT. I've been to numerous forums and ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE
ARE FRUSTRATED WITH THIS!