Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default mail merge directory creating page breaks

Assuming that you have set the mail merge main document correctly for a
Directory type merge operation (on the Mailings tab of the Ribbon, in the
Start Mail Merge section, click on the Start Mail Merge pulldown and select
Directory), in the mail merge main document, insert a one row table into the
cells of which you insert the required merge fields. You must have nothing
else in that document other than anything that you want to be repeated for
each record in the data source. Then when you execute that merge to a new
document, that document will contain a table with a row of data for each
record in the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"thadleffingwell" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I am trying to create a handout for a poster session that includes titles
and authors for each poster listed on a single page. The data is in Excel
2007 and I am using Word 2007 to do the merge. I have tried using the
Directory merge, but it keeps inserting a page break between each record.
can't get them all on the same page. Can anyone help? I've tried saving
the
source data as Excel 2003 and tab-delimited text, and I get the same
problem.

Thanks, Thad