Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Why does Word 2007 open in Document2

Are such stray Word temp files found in a Windows Disk Cleanup
operation? (It's a good idea to do that once in a while anyway.)

On Apr 13, 9:14*am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
You have an orphan temp file. Close Word and Outlook then seehttp://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

dwhoyer wrote:
I did some searching around, and for many of you this may be a very
simple question and answer. *Sorry. *I have Office 2007 on both my
laptop and my old P4 desktop. *Today I noticed that whenever I open
Word 2007 on the desktop, the default title of that document is
Document2 - which seemed odd, so I checked the laptop and saw that
the default there was Document1.

Can someone please take the time to send a brief response? *I realize
I am probably overlooking something very simple. *I did search the HD
for any document titled Document1, nothing was found.

I'm an OCD type, so the answer to this question is especially
meaningful to me. *I'm the type (in case you don't know us OCD
people) who will format the HD and do a fresh install, just to get
Document1 back when opening Word 2007 on the old P4. *That's just
plain silly!

Thanks. *David-