Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Menu Bar Order (The File menu moved)

Actually, you don't even need Tools Customize. Alt+Drag will work as well
and is the probable means by which the OP screwed it up in the first place

Stefan Blom wrote:
Click Tools | Customize. You can then drag the File menu to its
original location.

"Solon" wrote in message
Greetings,
Using Word 2003 in Windows XP. I was recently working on some
documents and recall funny things happening (I'd click on a portion
and a 'Research' thing would open up on the right and things like
that). Today I notice that my Menu bar has moved the "File" menu to
the right of the rest. Instead of
File Edit View Insert Format Tools Table
Window Help

I have

Edit View Insert Format Tools Table Window Help
File

I found out how to change the order of the commands in each menu,
but not how to change the order of the items in the Menu bar (I'm
willing to hack the registry, if I must).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Solon