Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default "L" shape

sen1 wrote:
when I open a word document, I see a faded backward "L" shape in the
upper left hand corner of the document and an "L" shape in the upper
right corner. The marks are repeated at the bottom of the page and on
each subsequent page. Any suggestions?

It sounds like you have the Show Typing Area turns on in the Tools Options.
I think you'll find it defines the corner limits of where you can type, no?

Perhaps with a better description and what kind of problem it's causing, a
targetted response might be easier to make. For now, it seems like normal
operation. Things like version of Word are needed, and a LOT more
information.

HTH
Pop`