This is what WP calls "styles"? Egad! No wonder I could never get the hang
of styles in WP.

In Word, this would be AutoText (you can use an AutoText field or insert the
content as plain text). See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

Or you can put the material in another document and use an IncludeText field
to insert it.

"L.A. Lawyer" wrote in message
I am trying to find the Word 2000 equivalent for WordPerfect styles, i.e.,
an area where I can save a large or small block of text and formatting.

I need to have these because I have large blocks of text that repeat in
documents and I don't want to change this identical text and formatting
every place it appears in the document. I should be able to change the

text
or formatting once and be done with it.

How is this done?