Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how do you turn off paragraph sign?

Indeed, the ShowAll command only toggles the options not explicitly selected
in the Options dialog box (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm).

FWIW, I keep all of the nonprinting marks displayed at all times when
working in Word. I'm so used to them that I don't see them unless I need
them, but I do miss them if I'm working with a Word installation where they
aren't displayed when I start Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
But you'll find you can work much more effectively if you go into your
Options and turn on "Display Paragraph Marks" and probably "Display
Tab Marks" permanently. (Those settings aren't overridden by Ctrl-
Shift-8.)

On Jul 13, 12:30 pm, Pesach Shelnitz pesach18(AT)hotmail.com wrote:
Hi,

You may have accidentally hit Ctrl+Shift+8, which toggles the appearance
of
these symbols. This could happen when you meant to press Shift+8 to type
an
asterisk. Just press Ctrl+Shift+8 again.
--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"LStewart" wrote:
I hit some key accidentally & all these paragraph symbols came up along
with
arrows, etc. How do I turn it off???-