Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard O. Neville

Default How do I create 3 keystroke acronym to insert full sentence

Tools-Options, AutoText tab. Enter the text of the sentence (or if it exists
already, select/highlight the sentence and click the AutoCorrect tab). Click
Add, then OK. You are not limited to three keystrokes. It may take Word more
than that to recognize your entry.

When you start typing this sentence a yellow band will appear above the
text, telling you to Press ENTER to Insert. That's all there is to it. If
you don't want the AutoText feature to complete the sentence, just keep
typing and the yellow band will go away.

"No Newbie but frustrated" No Newbie but
wrote in message
In our dental office we often use repetitive medical procedures in our
letters. The previous user passed on a series of acronym-like keystroke
combinations that autofill the full description without our having to type
it
out everytime. How do I create a new keystroke shortcut for autofill?