Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Barnet Barnet is offline

Default Still having trouble...

Hi Rae,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't seem to make this work. I have Word
2007.

I made a test file using the numbered list format, basically: 1. One 2.
Two etc., up to six, in a vertical column.

Then I went to the Table menu, and it seems I had to convert the text into a
table. So I selected that, and then chose to separate text at paragraphs,
since each item ends with a paragraph command. I selected the entire table.

But when I got to the Sort menu I got confused. I tried making the file a
one column table and a six column table. I tried several choices for the
drop-down menus, but nothing really seemed to work. When I selected Column 1
for 'sort by', text for 'type', and paragraphs for 'using', and hit
'ascending', the items resorted numbered 1 - 6, but the text read five, four,
one, six, three, two. In other words, it sorted my original table in a
ridiculous order.

Well, I don't know if this is clear enough to be helpful, but so far I'm
still at a loss.

Thanks,

Barnet