Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

Default How do I stop word from opening another document when I am typing

wrote

It's that CTRL key. if you hit it instead of SHIFT you'll end up
starting all sorts of things.

I've had to deliberately disable a lot of control functions on my wife's
copy of Word because she often hits control instead of shift. On one
occasion she hit control-A and then replaced the entire contents of her file
with a single space. Without realizing it until it was too late of course

Since she uses the mouse rather than control functions, it's not a problem.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com