CyberTaz

Hi Lauren-

You might try navigating to the folder where the files are stored,
right-click one and choose Properties from the popup menu to help determine
more about file type. It may also be helpful to adjust your Winows settings
to display filename extensions. What happens if you double-click one of the
file icons?

HTH |:)

"Lauren" wrote:

I have several documents I am trying to open but I am unable to because they
are encoded. When attempting to open in Word, the File Conversion window
appears but none of the options make the documents ledgible. I don't know
what application the documents were originally created in [they are all
approx 3-4 years old],but they will not open in WordPad, NotePad or
WordPerfect. I have re-installed Office2k3 on my pc and installed the Batch
File Conversion Wizard. This does not help. I don't think it is a
permissions issue. Please help.. Thank You in advance.