Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I type e + circumflex as in fete?

On May 27, 4:30*pm, Phoenixfire
wrote:
I want to type the word fete using a circumflex over the letter 'e'. Where
can I find this in WORD 2003?

The normal keyboard shortcut is Ctrl-Shift-^, e.

The shortcuts in Word for the accents in French, Spanish, Italian,
German, and the Scandinavian languages are actually pretty easy to
remember. You type Ctrl+ the closest-looking mark to the accent: ' ` ,
(if it's a shifted mark, such as ~ or ^ or umlaut/dieresis, then it's
Ctrl-Shift), then the letter you want to put it onto (capital or
lowercase).

This only works in Office, not in other apps. (On a Mac, the keyboard
shortcuts for the accented letters are the same across all programs.)