Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CWilliams CWilliams is offline

Default styles morphed into "default paragraph font para char"

I also have the problem of my styles displaying as "default paragraph" when
work at home in Word 2003. (This doesn't happen in my older version of Word
at my office.) My documents are formatted strictly using styles. The
formatting is OK-just the style name displays as "default". My work-around
is to delete the default paragraph style (in the Styles/Formatting list).
Then the style names display properly. I have to do this every time I open my
documents in Word 2003. It's a pain but at least the style names display
properly!