Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RO RO is offline

Default Printing book pages in Word?

I had it sent to no print scaling. When I set it to 8.5X11.5 it printed out
ok.
Thanks for the help. This newsgroup is a great resource.

Bob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Don't use the "2 pages per sheet" option in the Print dialog. Use the one
in Page Setup. I'm not sure where it is in Word 2000; in Word 2003, it's
on the Margins tab, in a dropdown labeled "Multiple pages." If you got
Word as part of Works Suite, there's a good chance you have Word 2002, in
which case you have the "Book fold" option as well.

http://word.mvps.org

"RO" wrote in message
om...
Ok! I've managed to print out the first 4 pages on just one sheet by
printing page #4 and #1 on one side and #2 and #3 on the other, so when I
fold the paper it is in the correct order. Thank you. But - Now I have
another problem. The print has come out tiny. It's like the booklet is
1/2 the size it should be and only on the top 1/2 of the sheet of paper.
My pages are supposed to be 5X8 and most of my font size is 14, so it
seems to be half sized.

Bob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you have Word 2000 or above, you can use the "2 pages per sheet"
setting in Page Setup to accomplish this. In Word 2002 and above, you
can use the "Book fold" setting to create a folded booklet (or
signatures for a book), with the pages in the correct order.

http://word.mvps.org

"RO" wrote in message
om...
I am writing a manual and I downloaded a book templet. It is 5"X8". It
shows up on the screan as two side beside pages for instance page 1 and
page 2.
Since a full sheet of paper is 8.5X11.5 is it possible to print page 1
and 2 on the same sheet of paper. Or - do I have to print each page
one at a time and trim.

Thanks,
Bob