Graham Mayor

Hibernate does not close documents. It should restart exactly as you left
it. I use it constantly.

If indeed Windows and Word closed down without saving your document, then if
the document wasn't saved and Word's automatic document recovery system was
not operating then there is nothing to recover. Alternatively someone else
shut down the computer

You need to check your system to see what power saving is actually doing on
this machine, as you don't want it to happen again.

wrote:
I was working on a file and stepped away from computer for longer
than I had planned-When I returned later, my computer had shut down
and now I cannot find the file with all the changes that I had made.
Is there a way to locate this file?