dixie

I have found an option in the Edit-- Links menu that has a radio button to
make the link update automatic or manual. It is set to manual. The control
is 'greyed out' and I have been unable to find a way of getting this to tick
automatic. Why are these set at manual. Is there a way to set them to
automatic, which I think means that when you open the mail merge document,
your INCLUDETEXT links would automatically update if they had changed.

Anyone, Please.

dixie

"dixie" wrote in message
I have a group of roughly 100 letters that are the subjects of mail merges.
I have to put a different letter header on each of these letters for each
different organisation that uses them. It takes an hour to do it. I have
been fiddling around with INCLUDETEXT and have found that if I add
{INCLUDETEXT "Header.doc"} as the first thing in the letter and then place
the letter header in a file called Header.doc in the same folder as the
mail merge template, it works. Am I doing this correctly, it just seems
too easy!

dixie