Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
rontiara rontiara is offline

Default Section breaks add page number without adding a page

I am converting a large document from an older version of Word. When I
insert a section break which is to start on a new page, the page number goes
up two digits instead of one. For instance, I insert a section break on page
121. The page after the section break should be page #122, but instead it
becomes #123. But there is no extra page inserted. I've tried deleting
every section break and re-inserting them, but the same thing happens: Word
adds an extra page number.

I also tried saving the document as a .docx, but that doesn't help, either.

This is a professional document, which will eventually be published. I
really need help on this.

Thanks very much.