Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default comment balloons

Not sure what suggestions you are referring to. In Word 2003,
click on Tools | Options | Track Changes tab | Use balloons
(Print and Web Layout): Never | OK.

As explained in Word help, if you hide balloons (Never option),
both insertions and deletions will be shown in the body of the
document, and comments will be displayed in ToolTips. Formatting
changes will be visible when you view your document in Final or
Final Showing Markup mode.

jennae wrote:
I'm working in Word 2003. My students send me their papers to correct. Some
papers come to me and I am able to insert comments where when one puts the
cursor over the highlighted text a balloon pops up with my comments in it.
This I like.

However, some papers show my comments where the balloons remain visible on
the right side of the paper and a dashed line tracks the comments to the
relevant text. I don't want this. I want a popup balloon to appear when the
cursor is placed over the commented (highlighted) text.

Help! I've tried the suggestions posted by garfield-n-odie, but it has not
corrected the problem.

I would be so grateful to anyone who can correct this dilemma.

jennae