Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Logan Tony Logan is offline

Default macro to detect merged table cells?

I'm wondering if there's a way to detect merged table cells.

As a test, I wrote the below code, wanting to examine each table in a
document, then examine each cell. If I found a merged cell, I wanted to
change the cell color to blue and display a message box stating "Merged
cell." If the cell was not a merged cell, I wanted to change the cell color
to red and display a message box stating "No merge detected."

However, the code errors at this line:
If oCell.Merge = True Then

The error indicates that Merge is not an optional argument.

I'm not sure if there's a way to detect merged cells in this manner. Here's
all the code:

Sub FindMergedCells()

Dim oTable As Table
Dim orow As Row
Dim i As Integer
Dim oCell As Cell

For Each oTable In ActiveDocument.Tables
For Each orow In oTable.Rows
For Each oCell In orow.Cells
If oCell.Merge = True Then ' ** code errors here **
oCell.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorBlue
MsgBox "Merged cell."
Else
oCell.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorRed
MsgBox "No merge detected."
Next oCell

Next orow
Next oTable