Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word Field Type - Fill In Prompt Problem (Word Insert Field in

Hi Evan,

I think the only thing that is likely to work is to ensure that field code
display is in the state you need. Right now I can't check the code you need
if you want to save the existing settings and switch back but it would be
something like the following in VBA

Dim bShowFieldCodes As Boolean
bShowFieldCodes = ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes
ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = False ' or True
' do your stuff here
ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = bShowFieldCodes

--
Peter Jamieson

"Evan Putranto" wrote:

Hi Peter,

Thank you again for your help.

This is the result that I get with the toggle show codes = false:

SOME DEFAULT VALUE

However this is the result with the toggle show codes = true:

{ FILLIN "SOME TEXT" \d "SOME DEFAULT VALUE" } SOME DEFAULT VALUE

It looks like it inserted the text after the fill-in field not in the
fill-in field.

I have tried to use Result.InsertAfter, Result.InsertBefore,
Result.InsertCaption and still have no luck.

Regards,
Evan