Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] gurudrew@gmail.com is offline

Default How do I stop word from opening another document when I am typing

It's that CTRL key. if you hit it instead of SHIFT you'll end up
starting all sorts of things.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
The opening a new document results from inadvertently pressing Ctrl+N.
Happens to me not infrequently and always startles me.

"Becky" wrote in message
I just got a new computer and am using Microsoft Word 2003. While I am
typing a letter several things are occuring; the font and the style

changes
constantly, it indents automatically on something that shouldn't be

indented,
and it seems to open a new blank word document automatically while I am
typing and pulls me off to the new document. Also, the Find/Replace

feature
keeps popping up while I am typing. Please help because all of these pop

ups
are slowing me down.