WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Border on table when text flows over page

Adding a border around a table

To add a border around the outside of the table, even when the text flows to the next page, you can follow these steps:
  1. Select the entire table by clicking and dragging your mouse over it.
  2. In the "Table Tools" tab that appears at the top of the screen, click on the "Design" tab.
  3. In the "Table Styles" section, click on the "Borders" drop-down menu.
  4. Choose the type of border you want to add to your table. For example, you could choose "All Borders" to add a border around the entire table.
  5. If the border is not appearing where the text flows to the next page, you can adjust the cell margins to move the text away from the page break. To do this, right-click on the table and select "Table Properties."
  6. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, click on the "Cell" tab.
  7. Under "Options," adjust the "Top" and "Bottom" cell margins to move the text away from the page break. You may need to experiment with different margin sizes to find the right one for your table.
  8. Click "OK" to apply the changes.