Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I change numbers into bar code in Word?

Hi M.,

If you're looking for something other than the U.S. Postal Service barcode capability, mentioned in the previous responses, you'll
basically need a BarCode font that matches the 'encoding' for the bar code system you're using. For example if you're using the 3
of 9 system, you can acquire and install that font (there are commercial, shareware, and free versions) in Windows then type in the
numbers or text you want barcoded (3 of 9 starts and ends with a special bar, in many barcode fonts you type an asterisk to get that
character) then apply that font to the typed text, either directly or by creating and using a 'Barcode' character style in Word.
The latter is preferable as you can include the size you want the finished barcode to be (font size) which can make a difference in
printing and scanning.

There are applications that provide automation (macros) for doing this in Office, such as http://idautomation.com/fonts/tools/vba if
you're looking for a solution that includes the fonts and tools for applying on a larger scale.

"M. Fridriksson" M. wrote in message
I was wondering if I could print number in Word document as a bar code. I am using Microsoft Office 2007.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP